Monday 24 November 2014

Rhibhu Gita , song of an enlightened soul to guide other seeking souls

The Ribhu Gita forms the sixth section of the Sanskrit work known as Siva Rahasya. It is the teachings of Lord Siva in Mount Kailas to His devotee Ribhu, from whom the Gita derives its name.
Verses 102 to 121. these 20 contain the declarations of the
disciple Nidaga before his teacher Ribhu, expressing the spiritual
achievements secured by him by the grace of his teacher, and
expressions of his gratitude to his teacher, Ribhu.

102. O My Lord Sat Guru! By thy grace I have, in a split
second, shed all sense of differentiation of Self and non-Self; I
have attained the certainty that all is Brahman and I am that
Brahman-Self; I have become settled in the eternal bliss of
Brahman-Self. (Ch.39, v.7)

103. I am verily the Sat-Chit-Ananda-Brahman-Self. I am
the eternal undisturbed peace devoid of name and form. I am
the flawless integral whole of all existence. Firmly I am settled
in my sole Brahman-Self. (Ch.40, v.10)

104. Oh! I have become Brahma, Vishnu, Rudra, Mahesa,
Sadasiva, Parameswara and his spouse Parvati, Vinayaka,

Subrahmanya, cohorts of sides hosts (Siva ganas) and devotees
of Lord Siva, all rolled into one! (Ch.41, v.-15)

105. I am myself all the devas (celestials beings) and asuras
(denizens of the nether world), Indra the Chief of the devas, the
Lord of the eight cardinal directions, the community of sages,
the swarm of rakshasas (demons), and in fact, the denizens of
this and all other worlds. (Ch.41, v.16)

106. I have become the five elements, multitudinous worlds
scattered in the skies, all existing things and their histories, all the
Vedas, and all the diversities of name and form. (Ch.41, v.17)

107. At one stroke I have become the bodies, senses, and
souls owning them, the mind, intellect, intuition, ego, the primal
nescience and the restless commotion of spirit, and in short all
that is seen and known. (Ch.41, v.19)

108. That gracious person who gives these teachings is no
doubt the embodiment of Lord Parameswara, His Devi Parvati,
Vinayaka and God Shanmukha all rolled into one. (Ch.4, v.5)

109. Heis again, Nandikeswara, Dattatreya, Dakshinamurti,
and in short, the Supreme Lord Siva Himself (Ch.42, v.6)

110. After being duly initiated into these teachings by
the Sat Guru, the disciple must, as long as life lasts in him,
provide his teacher liberally with money, food, clothing and
shelter and loving devotion. This is the sine qua non for the
disciple’s mukti. (Ch.43, v.11)

No comments: