Monday 5 January 2015

No one can fool the Master

Once when I was practising for Sports Day a Connecticut disciple who has a very bad character, a very bad consciousness, kept hovering near me. Whenever I removed my sweater, he tried to take it. If somebody wants to take my things from me and I don’t like the vibrations of that person because of his bad consciousness, I feel very sad. I can’t give my garment to him because immediately his bad consciousness will ruin its consciousness. And yet if I don’t give it to him, others will say that I hate that person. I don’t hate anyone, but at the same time, why should I give my clothes to someone who is not pure enough? If I have one or two disciples who are extremely pure, naturally I will give my clothes to them. They deserve this privilege because of their purity, because of their aspiration, because of their spirituality, because of their devoted and surrendering consciousness. Those particular disciples deserve to have this divine opportunity, and they will benefit from it; whereas this other disciple did not deserve it at all. He was living an animal life, and he only wanted to show everyone else that he was carrying my sweater.
For everything, one has to deserve what he receives. Then only can one appreciate the blessing or the opportunity that he gets. You people are crying for God-realisation. Naturally, one day you will deserve God-realisation, and on that day I shall certainly give it to you.
Those who are trying to serve the Supreme in me with purity, with sincerity, with devotion and with surrender will naturally come forward, and not those who are just trying to grab me, pull me and show off in front of others that they also can become close to me. One must always make an inner sacrifice to achieve inner oneness. One has to pray, concentrate, meditate and cry for inner oneness. Then one will see that in the outer world as well as in the inner world he has become very near, very close and devoted, a truly effective instrument of the Master.
Sri.Chinmoy

No comments: